What the marketing blurb says
The compact HP Sprocket Mobile Photo Printer is pocket-sized, making it easy to carry anywhere. It is the size of a portable hard drive or an older generation mobile phone. The prints are durable, with a water-resistant and smudge-proof finish to keep them looking great for longer.
Connect your social media accounts to the HP Sprocket app to transform your photos into colourful prints. This new way to enjoy your mobile photo collection makes it easier to share your favourite photos with others.
One of the features that separates this printer from any other can be found in HP’s Sprocket app. It’s capable of linking up to your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter accounts as well as many other social networks. Not only does this allow you to share your customised photos with all of your friends, but you’ll be able to print directly from these networks as well. This way, you’re not restricted to only the photos you’ve taken. You can print that perfect shot your friend took of your camping trip, or go back in time and print off your favourite memories that were shared before you got the printer.
What Rethink Printing says
- Fun app will allow you to print and edit not only the pictures taken by you also other pictures from social media
- The app is compatible with emojis
- The ink won’t smudge
- The back of the print can be peeled off to convert the photo into a sticker
- A pack of 20 sheets of paper is £10 so it will cost you 50 pence per print
- Purchase cost of £99 is a bit expensive
- You can’t use any other paper as the print paper contain special crystals that react to the printer’s printhead to create the photo
- Only 2″ x 3″ size prints
What our printer engineer Marius says
This rechargeable pocket size wireless printer reminds me very much of the blast from the past Polaroid instant camera photo. In my opinion it’s a very nice gadget that would make an ideal Christmas present for any teenager obsessed with social media. It’s rechargeable, a neat size and packed with features such as Bluetooth. A bit expensive to buy and print however. I would also suggest you buy a spare pack of photo/sticky paper when purchasing the printer as you will get only a starter pack containing 10 sheets of paper.