If your printer is printing slowly or you keep losing the connection when you’re printing wirelessly, here are some things you can try:
- Try to switch your wireless router off. Leave it for 5 minutes then switch back on.
- Switch your printer off and then back on.
- Most wireless printers will lose connection or will be slow if situated further than 12 metres away from the router: move the printer closer to your router if necessary.
- Some modern routers will be dual band, operating on two frequencies: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Make sure the router is set up by the engineer to auto select the band. If the 5GHz band is selected as default, the printer is unable to use it.
- Try to print using an USB cable.
- Delete all documents from the printer queue.
- Do not send large documents in one go to an inkjet printer as they are unable to store data. If you’re printing a larger document, print in batches wherever possible.
- Check you have the correct hardware installed.
- Reset your printer to factory defaults.