The most common reason why nothing comes out of a printer is usually because something is stuck in the Print Queue. There are various reasons why some documents will not print, and one which is stuck will prevent any further print coming out. In these circumstances the best thing to do is clear the Print Queue so that everything else can print.
To do this:
- Start button on your PC or laptop (all screenshots are from a Windows 7 PC).
- Double click on Devices and Printers.
- Select relevant printer by double clicking.
- Double click on “See what’s printing”.
- Identify any file in the list which has an error or appears to be stuck.
- Delete that file.
- Other files should then print, although it may be necessary to delete more than one.