What the reviews say
The Canon MG6650 hasn’t seen any significant upgrades from the MG6450. There’s still the same five-ink print engine – the MG6650 still lacks the grey ink tank of the MG7750. As a result, it turns in almost identical print speeds to the MG6450, whipping out A4 mono prints at 13.3 pages per minute and A4 colour documents at 9.3 pages per minute. Print quality is similar, too: text is crisp, with no stair-stepping or smudging, and competent, if very slightly grainy colour reproduction.
The only upgrade on the MG6650 and also the MG6850 is the 7.5cm touch screen. The MG6650 shares the same inks type/model number as the older MG6450, however the MG6850 has new ink cartridges, so if you had the older MG6450 and you want to replace it with the printer which will use the same cartridges it’s best to buy the MG6650.
All the Canon machines mentioned above are air printers, Pixma Printing Solutions app makes light work of wireless printing directly from Android or iOS devices – there’s no need to fire up a PC to print out documents stored on your tablet or smartphone.
What Rethink Printing says
- The SD memory card slot will allow you to print directly from camera without the PC
- Good cost/page due to the introduction of the XL cartridges; our own brand will save you even more money
- Automatic double-sided printing
- Amazing photos
- The footprint of the hardware is massive comparing with other devices
- Slow printing speed so not great for an office environment, single sheet scan/copy
- A bit noisy while starting and printing